Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Littles

Hello! I'm Jessica Little, Wife to Brett and Mother to Luke. We live in a little town in North Carolina. I met Brett when I was 19 and instantly fell in love with him and his farm. Brett was 23 and had graduated from NC State with a degree in Livestock management and had built 4 broiler houses. For those not familiar with that term, we have 4 poultry houses that we grow approximately 500,00 chickens per year. Brett had 3 cows when we met and within the last 5 years we have grown to 30 head. I prefer cows to the chickens. I would love to go back to school to learn livestock management and anything bovine related, but that will have to wait. Until then I am happy to stay at home and raise our son, and child/ children that follow. I enjoy tagging along to feed hay, or helping sort the cows or anything that gets me out on the farm really... although with a 14 mo that proves difficult sometimes. Last week L rode with his daddy in the tractor while I rode on the drill to even out the seed.
A family that farms together, stays together!

I previously worked as a birth doula and loved every minute and will work towards doing that again once we are done having our children and they get a little older! I joke all the time that my new ambition in life is to be a cow midwife. I am not passionate about a lot, but I sure love cows and birth! Some of my other interests are DIY projects and crafting. I don't have a lot of free time any more and I will be honest I really should have a clean house, but I would much rather work on a craft than do laundry!

Who wouldn't?! What would you rather do instead of laundry or any other chore that you dislike?

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment